CORPORATE AND SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY POLICY STATEMENT
At ADR we endeavor to reflect a commitment to sound environmental practice and encourage our employees to adhere to these practices. This Statement is about how ADR takes account of its economic, social and environmental impact in the way it operates as a business. By demonstrating our commitment to Corporate Social Responsibility we aim to align our business values, purpose and strategy with the needs of our clients, whilst embedding such responsible and ethical principles into everything we do.
The elements of this Statement cover our approach in dealing with our clients, suppliers and the local community. These principles include our efforts to support the reduction our energy use, managing our carbon footprint and reducing our overall environmental impact.
Protection of the environment in which we live and operate is part of ADR’s values and principles and we consider it to be sound business practice. Care for the environment is one of our key responsibilities and an important part of the way in which we do business.
This Statement should also be read in conjunction with our Professional Code of Conduct.In this policy statement we commit our company to:
- Complying with all relevant environmental legislation, regulations and
approved codes of practice
- Protecting the environment by striving to prevent and minimize our contribution to pollution of land, air, and water
- Seeking to keep waste to a minimum and maximize the efficient use of
materials and resources
- Managing and disposing of all waste in a responsible manner
- Providing training for our staff so that we all work in accordance with this policy statement and within an environmentally aware culture
- Regularly communicating our environmental performance to our employees and other significant stakeholders
- Developing our management processes to ensure that environmental factors are considered during planning and implementation
- Monitoring and continuously improving our environmental performance.
The nature of our work as a consultancy means that we do not inherently have a high environmental impact but we will take consideration of environmental issues in the professional services we provide and endeavor to reduce our environmental impact to an absolute minimum.
We strive to ensure that ADR reduces
their environmental impact by:
- Reducing all our transportation requirements wherever possible and utilising public transport and such facilities as web-ex and conference call facilities
- By using vehicles that are regularly serviced and checked with regards to their emission levels and economically use their fuel
- Sourcing and buying locally to save fuel costs wherever possible
- Ensuring that all lights and equipment is switching off when not required
- Ensuring that water is used efficiently
- Using scrap paper for drafts and notes
- Printing in mono and double sided wherever possible
- Recycling all waste (shredding all business documentation)
- Sourcing recycled materials wherever possible
- Working with like-minded suppliers who
take steps to minimize their environmental impact
ADR will also ensure that our work with the local community involves:
- Working and supporting local and national charities
- Encouraging volunteer work in community activities
- Supporting local schools
- Undertaking voluntary business advisory services via professional bodies
ADR will also ensure that we deal responsibly, openly and fairly with clients and potential clients by:
- Ensuring that all our advertising and documentation about the business and its activities are clear, informative, legal, decent, honest and truthful
- Being open and honest about our products and services and telling customers what they want to know, including what we do to be socially responsible
- We will avoid pressure selling techniques
- Ensuring that if something goes wrong we will
acknowledge the problem and deal with it
- We will listen to our clients so that this can help us improve the products and services we offer to them
- Ensuring that we benchmark and evaluate what we do in order to constantly improve our competitive edge in the marketplace.
ADR will also ensure that we deal responsibly, openly and fairly with suppliers by:
- Ensuring that we use local suppliers as much as possible
- That we will endeavor to pay on time
- Not expecting any discounts to have a detrimental effect on their business
The operationas and ultimate responsibility for the commitment to our corporate social and environmental sustainability principles lies with the owner of ADR. Every employee of ADR is expected to give their full co-operation to the above principles in their activities at work. Consultants or visitors are also expected to apply our environmental principles.
The effectiveness of the Policy Statement will be monitored and reviewed at least annually by the CEO to ensure the Company’s continuing compliance with any relevant legislation and to meet new business requirements and to identify areas in need of improvement. We will also ensure that all areas changes will be brought to the attention of employees as necessary.
We also expect our suppliers to make sure that working conditions in their and their suppliers’ operations meet (or exceed) international labor standards:
- There is no forced labor and employment is freely chosen
- The right of freedom of association is respected and encouraged by the employer
- No child labor is used
- Living wages are paid (wages should always be enough to meet basic needs and to provide some discretionary income)
- No harsh treatment is used or discrimination practiced
- Workers are not pressured to undertake overtime they do not wish to do
- A safe and hygienic working environment shall be provided
We expect our suppliers to:
- Put in place sufficient systems to monitor and take responsibility for
compliance with social policies
- Conduct regular assessments of their operations to identify
eventual non-compliance cases
- Develop remediation plans to resolve non-compliance cases
- Regularly monitor the effective implementation of remediation plans
- Make sure that their suppliers and subcontractors ensure that workers’ conditions in their operations meet or exceed the above standard